Best local Indian Restaurant in Essex 2014
One of the finest Indian restaurants in Essex Caraway Indian Brasserie, in Gants Hill, has won the prestigious Best Local Indian Restaurant Award in the Restaurant Guides
The Hart Brothers
The Hart Brothers, who have made Quo Vadis and Fino into such success stories
NEW AUSTRALIAN MENU 2005
1) Fan of Melon
Succulent slices of Honeydew Melon served with Raspberry coulis.
2) Southern Tomato Soup
A rich tomato based soup, with celery, carrots, onions and fresh herbs served with a warm bread roll.
3) Pumpkin Soup
A rich pumpkin soup, served with a warm bread roll.
4) Fata Cheese and Bacon Salad
Diced pieces of rich Feta cheese mixed with bacon, which has been stir fried in a white wine vinegar and a lemon juice dressing, served on a bed of mixed leaf lettuce, dressed with the remaining sauce, diced tomato and a spring onion fan.
5) Vegetable Lovers
Fresh crisp sticks of celery, carrot, mixed peppers, and cucumber, with a bowl of crispy corn Nachos, served with a choice of Sour cream, Ranch, Houmous and Salsa dips (more available as your server)
For one - No nachos and two dips
To share - With nachos and three dips
6) Yellow Fin sole goujons
A platter of breaded sole goujons in a cracked pepper and herb coating, served with a Rouille dip.
7) Tare & Share Garlic Bread
A whole loaf of garlic bread for you to share, simply tare off a piece and pass the rest on.
8) Haddock and spring onion Fish cake
Served with a mixed salad and aioli dip.
9) Tomato Bruschetta
Slices of crusty baguette topped with tomatoes, onions, olive oil, fresh oregano, fresh basil and fresh parsley, all topped with parmesan cheese and oven baked until golden brown and crispy.
10) Veg spring rolls
Vegetable spring rolls deep fried until golden and served with a plum or hoi sin sauce dip.
Skewered chicken in a Yakatori marinade, served with fragrant rice.
12) Spare Ribs / Ribs â Half Rack
Six BBQ Pork ribs served with a choice of sauce.
BBQ, LA, Blue cheese, Ranch or Tennessee
13) Chicken Wings
Six Succulent BBQ chicken wings cooked to our in house recipe, served with a choice of sauce and small
1) Beef Burger
Served on a floured bun with salad garnish and relish.
2) Chicken Burger
Served on a floured bun with salad garnish and mayo.
3) Vegetable Burger - Olive and Tomato Grill
Served on a floured bun with salad garnish and relish.
1) Muscles in Sauce
A bowl of muscles cooked in a ?????? sauce with ??????????
Served with basil and coriander leaves.
2) Beer battered snapper
A traditional dish with a twist. A Meaty piece of Red Snapper coated in a crisp beer batter, served with small salad garnish and chips.
3) Grilled Barramundi with Black olive and basil butter.
A Large grilled fillet of barramundi with a wheel of home-made black olive and basil butter, served a fresh house salad.
4) Garlic Prawns
Large Prawns sautÃ©ed with onions, olive oil, garlic, chillies and lemon juice, served with toasted crusty baguette. Served with a fresh house salad.
5) Swordfish Stacks with salsa Verde
Three Thin Slices of swordfish grilled and coated in balsamic vinegar, then layered along with Grilled eggplant, Sliced tomato and Slices of Mozzarella, all drizzled with salsa Verde. Served with a fresh house salad.
6) Shark & Prawn Kebab
Diced pieces of shark and jumbo prawns, threaded onto a wooden skewer with red onions and peppers, marinated in a Tai sauce, grilled and served on a bed of rice.
1) Pork and apple Kebab
Made with pork fillet, onions, peppers and apples coated in an apple cider glaze, served on a bed of rice.
2) Pineapple Kebabs(V)
Diced Tofu, Fresh Pineapple pieces, Whole Button Mushrooms and Mixed Peppers, marinated in olive oil, garlic, ginger, lime juice and coriander, served on a bed of rice.
3) Teriyaki Beef Kebab
Diced pieces of beef, whole mushrooms, peppers and onions marinated in teriyaki sauce, grilled and served on a bed of rice.
1) Mixed Salad (V)
A Mixed Leaf salad, with Red onions, Diced mixed Peppes, Diced Cucumber, Diced spring onion, Grated carrot, Sweet corn and tomato segments, dressed with balsamic vinaigrette, or choose another dressing ask your server for alternatives
2) Caesar Salad (V)
Crunchy Cos lettuce tossed in our house made dressing, with home made garlic croutons and parmesan cheese.
3) Feta Cheese Salad
Diced pieces of rich Feta cheese mixed with bacon stir fried in a white wine and lemon juice dressing, served on a bed of mixed leaf lettuce with diced tomato and spring onion.
4) Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Salad (V)
Roasted Veg served with a sun dried tomato dressing, on a bed of mixed leaf lettuce.
5) Oriental Chicken Salad
Chicken cooked and marinated in a traditional sauce, served on a bed of mixed salad and pickled jalapeÃ±o peppers.
1) Margarita (V) â Cheese and Tomato.
2) Meat Feast â Diced chicken, Pepperoni, Chorizo sausage.
3) Spicy Chicken â Diced chicken, Jalapeno peppers, chilli dusting.
4) Hawaiian â Ham, Pineapple, Cheese.
5) Garden (V) â Mushrooms, Peppers, Red Onions, Sweet corn.
6) Pepperoni - Cheese, Pepperoni.
7) Tuna, Prawn and Sweet Corn. â Tuna Chunks, Prawns, Sweet corn.
8) Create you own â Any three toppings.
9) Garlic Bread â Garlic Butter, sesame seeds, lemon juice.
10) Tomato Cheese garlic bread - Garlic Butter, Tomato Pure, Cheese.
Tomato, Red onion, Sweet corn, mushroom, black olives, cheese, chicken, bacon, pineapple, ham, tuna chunks, prawns, pepperoni, chorizo sausage, peppers, Jalapenos,
1) Pepper Steak Sandwich
A Piece of Sirloin steak, coated in a pepper dusting, and served with caramelised onions and mushrooms on a bed of lettuce in a Floured Bap.
Includes a pot of mustard mayo.
2) Classic chicken club
A classic across the world, with a twist? We thought not. Why change what doesnât need changing. Toasted wholemeal bread, with a three layer combo of chicken, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato and lashings of mayo. Served with a pot of coleslaw.
3) BBQ Steak Melt
Another favourite of ours, with slices of sirloin steak cooked with onions, served in a toasted Ciabatta baguette with our Deluxe BBQ sauce, topped with cheese and grilled âtill its melting. Served with a pot of Coleslaw.
4) Tuna Sandwich
Youâll love this one, a whole-wheat baguette filled with lettuce, cucumber, red onion, carrot and mayo. Then we add scoops of tuna and mayo, served cold, so you can enjoy this one in the sun. Served with a pot of coleslaw.
5) Tomato, Pepper and Mozzarella Ciabatta.
A Ciabatta Baguette filled with sliced tomato, roasted peppers and topped with slices of mozzarella then toasted and served with a pot of Salsa.
6) Breakfast Sandwich
Two toasted floured baps, filled with bacon, sausage and eggs, served with a pot of the sauce of your choosing.
Steaks and grills
1) Kangaroo fillet
2) Aussie Mixed grill (Kangaroo, Sausage, Crocodile, Lamb chop)
3) English Mixed Grill (Sirloin Steak, Sausage, Lamb chop,
4) Sirloin Steak â 8, 12, 16oz
5) Bangers and mash
6) Beef and Reef combo (Sirloin, Swordfish, Prawns?)
7) Ribs and wings (Half rack or Full, with chicken wings)
8) Steak and Ribs (Standard combo, super combo, or Mega combo,)
Standard â Half Rack and 8oz Sirloin
Super - Full Rack and 8oz Sirloin
Mega - Full Rack and 16oz Sirloin
9) All day English brekkie
1. Lamb shank with herb mash and steamed Veg.
2. Shepherds Pie â with choice of starch and steamed Veg.
3. Meatballs â with choice of starch or spaghetti
4. Barbary Duck â served on a hash brown, with grilled mixed peppers, served with a cherry sauce and garnished with straw potatoes.
5. Peking Sizzler â succulent duck meat served with Chinese pancakes, spring onions, and cucumber and plum sauce.
I think we will go for all home made desserts they will be easier to manage and portion and cheaper to produce.
1) Lamingtons â Sponge, dipped in chocolate sauce and dessicated coconut.
2) Rice Pudding
3) Apple Crumble
5) Ice creams â not sure on this one as they are expensive.
6) Fruit kebab â see starter.
7) Chocolate Sponge Pudding
8) Sticky Toffee Pudding
9) Plain Cheese cake â with raspberry coulis.
10) Fruit cocktail with cream
11) Banana split with ice cream or whipped cream
12) Knickerbocker Glory with mixed fruit, whipped cream, ice cream and sauces.
1) Garlic Breads
2) Onion Rings
3) French Fries
4) Savour Fries
5) Side Salad
6) Fragrant Rice
7) Mashed Potatoes
9) Jacket Potato
10) Basket of Bread Rolls